Blue screen errors

triflesterms 14:28 24 Feb 07

Hi

I keep getting the following message-

unamountable_boot_volume.

stop: 0x000000ED (0x80F3FE30,0xC0000185,0x00000000,0x00000000)

Also sometimes when i start my pc i get boot failiure, sd dimm 1 or something like that

Hope someone can help identify what these problems are?

Thanx

SANTOS7 14:30 24 Feb 07

click here

this may help, may also be memory related..

triflesterms 14:33 24 Feb 07

How can i check my memory?

jay.p 14:45 24 Feb 07

if you have 2 sticks of memory installed remove one and restart your pc. if no luck then replace it and try to start your pc with the other stick removed.

triflesterms 14:53 24 Feb 07

ive only got one stick of memory, its worked i both slots & ive had boot failure in both slots
Is there anyway to check my memeory is ok?

jay.p 14:58 24 Feb 07

not sure if you can get your pc up and running sometimes. if so follow this link to a memtest download. many people on this forum have used it but i believe it takes a long time ,possibly overnight.
click here

triflesterms 15:26 24 Feb 07

ok thanx, i'll test it tonight & let you know tomorrow.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:35 24 Feb 07

This is a hard drive problem and NOTHING TO DO WITH MEMORY, so forget running memtest it won't help.

Follow the advice from Microsoft in the link posted by SANTOS7.

triflesterms 08:59 25 Feb 07

Ive just tried to do a repair following instructions from microsoft website,
When the Welcome to Setup screen appears, press R to select the repair option??? but i cant see welcome to setup screen??
Ive tried pushing r during a few different things, like in setup for instance, but still no good, i know that i have 16kb of bad clusters on my hard drive, is it the cluster causing problem?
If so can i fix it?

thanx

triflesterms 15:36 25 Feb 07

Please help!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:44 25 Feb 07

Repair XP by install over the top of existing systm

1. Boot the computer using the XP CD. You may need to change the boot order in the system BIOS so the CD boots before the hard drive. Check your system documentation for steps to access the BIOS and change the boot order.

2. When you see the "Welcome To Setup" screen, you will see This portion of the Setup program prepares Microsoft Windows XP to run on your computer:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

To repair a Windows XP installation using Recovery Console, press R.

To quit Setup without installing Windows XP, press F3.

3. Press Enter to start the Windows Setup.

To setup Windows XP now and Repair Install , press ENTER.

DO NOT choose "To repair a Windows XP installation using the Recovery Console, press R", (you Do Not want to load Recovery Console).

4. Accept the License Agreement and Windows will search for existing Windows installations.

5. Select the XP installation you want to repair from the list and press R to start the repair.

6. Setup will copy the necessary files to the hard drive and reboot.

Do not press any key to boot from CD when the message appears.

Setup will continue as if it were doing a clean install, but your applications and settings will remain intact.

Repair XP
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…