Blue Screen error Ugh!!

boysie 19:56 01 Sep 09

When I turn my pc on and it boots into vista I then get the dreaded blue screen appear with the following details under technical information:

STOP:0X000000D1 (0X00000014,0X0000002,0X000000,0X8887E650)

TCPIP.SYS ADDRESS 8887E650 BASE AT 88802000
DATE STAMP 493020B2

If somebody technically minded can fathom out this error message I'll be forever in your debt!!

Frustrated!!

chub_tor 19:59 01 Sep 09

click here do you have any external USB devices attached. A wireless dongle perhapsd?

Try this click here

Also try using Ccleaner and Tuneup 2008 from PC Advisor Cover Disc.

brundle 20:13 01 Sep 09

Doodles3 - that link will only take you to a download, which won't fix anything unless you pay first.

Try here; click here

It refers to XP but the same applies to Vista. As chub_tor suggested, remove USB wireless/wired adapters.

Hit f8 repeatedly when booting, when the menu appears select Last Known Good Configuration.

You can try hitting F8 at boot as before and choose Safe Mode to gather some information - don't choose Safe Mode with Networking. If you can get in using that method, you could try System Restore.

If that doesn't work and it's a network device driver error (which it appears to be) you'll need to download the latest drivers for the problem device on another machine ready to install when you remove or uninstall the device on your own PC ready to update. Can you give more information about your PC? Make/model etc

brundle 20:14 01 Sep 09

BSOD's are rarely solved by registry/system cleaners.

boysie 20:27 01 Sep 09

Many thsnks all for your invaluable suggestions! I will try these ideas out tomorrow when I've had some sleep!

Thanks everyone!!

woodchip 20:37 01 Sep 09

A above a registry Program will not sort this out but this may as the last part of the error tells its a TCP problem try this it may work click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…