Blue screen error code 0E 0028 C0030BA2

throwitoutthewindow 11:04 29 Oct 04

My PC has started behaving oddly: freezing and crashing with the blue screen error code as above. Any ideas how I can trace what is wrong? I have run some registry correctors but they have not helped and device manager does not show any problems.

Graham ® 11:28 29 Oct 04

Have a look in the Evant Viewer : Start, Run, type eventvwr.msc, OK. Select System, highlight any event with a red cross. Action, Properties.

throwitoutthewindow 15:35 29 Oct 04

Graham - thanks for the suggestion but Windows ME appears not to have eventvwr.msc. Is there anything else I can try?

Gongoozler 15:41 29 Oct 04

OE errors are very difficult to trace. Is there any particular program running that triggers this problem? Did you recently install any software that might have started this behavior? Have you tried running AdAware from Lavasoft click here to see if you have picked up any badly written malware?

throwitoutthewindow 15:46 29 Oct 04

I ran Adaware, Spybot and Spyware. Noen found a proiblem. I have revcenlty installed a DVD drive with software and TV capture card. The problem seems top start around then but I don't know if they casued it or which part.

JonnyTub 15:47 29 Oct 04

update the software version for your pinnacle tv card.

JonnyTub 15:48 29 Oct 04

sorry, SEE, if there's an update

throwitoutthewindow 15:58 29 Oct 04

JonnyTub - my TV card is a WinFast. Should I check them? I am not sure where you got Pinnacel from as I did not mention it, though I did get it with my DVD drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:56 29 Oct 04

This is a known problem with ME and TV capature cards, make sure you have the latest drivers and patches fron the Winfast web site.

Graham ® 18:09 29 Oct 04

I tried several TV cards when I had a ME system.As Fruit Bat /\0/\ says, they often don't get on. I would uninstal and take out the card to prove.

throwitoutthewindow 21:36 29 Oct 04

I had a go at reinstalling and during the proccess a blue screen appeared. I am in email dialogue with Leactek about WinFast as that seems to be the problem. Thanks for the lead

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…