Blue screen error after formatting- help!

mymindwanders 12:26 11 Apr 08

I recently formatted my computer to wipe the slate clean after having had many problems with perfomance. It has run much better since then but now i've had an attack of blue screen errors! It is Windows XP service pack2 home edition, i never had this problem before, only since formatting. I have installed all updates I could find.

The blue screen comes up every so often, nothing particluar seems to trigger it.

The technical information says:

*** Stop : 0X000000C5 (0X00000002, 0X00000067, 0X86544AF3)

It states that if problems persist I should try disabling BIOS memory options caching and shadowing and run driver verifier

I'm not too clued up so any help offered will be much appreciated. It was okay before so it seems to me that there was something on my computer before I formatted it which has now been removed, but I don't know.

Thanks

faulty driver?
can you think of anything youve installed prior to getting the message as it ran ok for a while.
not sure if this link is the exact message but fyi
click here
Faulty ram can also sometimes cause it,upgraded recently?

Gordon999 12:38 11 Apr 08

Hi,

There could be a number of reasons for it. Either Software or hardware related. But this definately as a hardware issue

If you have a problem with your RAM modules you get a message like yours. Check and if need be clean you RAM modules. Putting them back in one at a time and rebooting in between to test to make sure they are ok.

troubleshooter link for Bsods
click here

Gordon999 13:00 11 Apr 08

Nice link

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…