blue screen error

donatello 19:41 10 Apr 06

Just reinstalled windows xp all seemed ok reloaded all drivers etc then after just being on with nothing running blue screen pops up with.
KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
stop 0x0000007A(0xc03E66A8,0x000000E,0XF99AACA8,0X03003880)
atapi sys-address F99AAC8 base at F999B000
datestamp 41107b4d
begining dump of physical memory
Tried removing all other programmes and using basic windows drivers still this happens anyone encountered this before,Internet Explorer 6 also keeps stopping responding and I have to restart pc to unfreeze it cntl -alt -del does not stop it on end programme could these be linked somehow.

skidzy 19:47 10 Apr 06

Have you got xp sp2 installed

Fateful Shadow 19:51 10 Apr 06

Google KERNAL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Had a look around a few of the results and the only 'results' I've seen is that the hard drive was either replaced or died. My initial advice would be to back up everything just in case (if you haven't already backed up, that is)

Take a good luck at the results. This seems to be a common problem so there's bound to be some sort of answer that doesn't resort in having to buy a new hard drive. I would look deeper, but I have coursework to do :P

Hope this helps :)

Fateful Shadow 19:52 10 Apr 06

"Take a good look..."*

skidzy 19:53 10 Apr 06

Also it could be possible your ram is defective,maybe replacing it with another stick to see if you get the same problem...At least this will be a matter of elimanation.

If that does not work,have a look click here

donatello 19:57 10 Apr 06

Yes xp sp 2 installed as are all updates from Microsoft dont think its hd fault as it was ok before I replaced M/B and did format and clean install,would like to sort it out before putting more software or games on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…