blue screen on Dell Ispron 1525

charles60 11:26 27 Jan 12

Urgent need some help here please I have a Dell Insprion 1525 I have just turned it on this evening when i get this Dell media Page come up then a blue screen come up with this"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your Computer" Then come with this Tech information at the bottom of the screen : STOP 0x000000Ca(ox00000001,ox82F7DE30, ox825d75c8 ox00000000) what is this? Have tried restart it even in safe mode but got the dell Media page then this blue page with this message cant get No further. The thing is I had the laptop on last night had no problems does it mean big bad thing or is there somehow i can fix this never seen this happen before if fixable is it easy or is there a step by step guide to fix it ( I am pretty thick when it comes to this sort of thing ) thanks for any help given

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:11 27 Jan 12

Op system? XP Vista W7?

usually a device drive conflict

if XP then tap F8 as its booting and select Last Known good configuration from the menu

If Vista or W7 again tap F8 as its booting and select startup repair from the menu

charles60 13:56 27 Jan 12

Have done what you said ( I must inform you upgraded from Vista to Windows 7) pressed F8 came up with the page that you said went to "Last known Good Configration" Then what comes up is this "please select operating system to start" what comes up is this "Microsoft Windows XP Embedded" I dont even have Xp and never had it on this lap top even if I press that it still goes back to the blue screen. WHY IS COMING UP XP?!!!!

birdface 17:11 27 Jan 12

Did you but the computer 2nd hand or new.

You could go into msconfig.Then into Boot and it should tell you whether you have both XP and W/7.If that is the case I believe you can remove XP from there but I would wait until you get further advice.

charles60 08:05 28 Jan 12

it was brand new and vista was installed by Dell that's why i cant understand why this XP is there what about if I put windows 7 in the drive before i turn on the computer? Like I said before I cant get passed this blue screen even if I do press F8 so how would I get msconfig? Please can anybody help PS I do have a portable hard drive as well would that help?

birdface 08:51 28 Jan 12

Not sure if going into the Bios and changing the start up to the hard drive or dvd would make any difference.Even though there is no floppy drive on your computer make sure it is disabled when you get into the Bios if you can.

Maybe contact Dell to see if they can help.

Putting windows 7 in the the drive you could do a system repair but you would need someone else to give you instructions on how to do it.

last thing to try would be to revert back to factory settings but don't know if that is installed on your computer.

No doubt you have already looked but just check to make sure that there is no disk in the drive when you are trying to boot up just now.

birdface 09:00 28 Jan 12

If you can get to last good configuration it should also show system repair.maybe try that.

And does it give you the opertunity of going into safe mode with networking if so try that.

Or maybe see if you can open the administrator account when signing in to safe mode.

charles60 09:19 28 Jan 12

Thanks buteman what ever i do it comes up with "Windows XP Embeded"and then "Dell Media Direct" then that blue screen !!! I just dont understand why I am geting this Windows XP when i never had it installed??? does it look like I might take it to be repaired ?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 09:29 28 Jan 12

Windows XP Embedded, commonly abbreviated "XPe", is a componentized version of the Professional edition of Windows XP. An original equipment manufacturer (Dell) is free to choose only the components needed thereby reducing operating system footprint and also reducing attack area as compared with XP Professional.

Installed originally by Dell then upgraded to Vista before selling.

Try rebooting and tapping F5 to see if it brings up the repair menu.

If not then boot to BIOS (setup) and change the boot order to make the DVD drive the first boot device.

Boot with the W7 DVD in the drive and select Startup repair.

charles60 11:12 28 Jan 12

Hi FruitBat have loaded windows 7 like you said "on the system recovery options" I chose "start up repair" have now got a message which says "Start up repair can not repair this computer Automatically" Help what do i do now?

charles60 11:34 28 Jan 12

Fruit Bat Looked at the diagnostic & repair details there was this long list which said everything was fin and towards the end of the list it had this "System Volume on Disc is corrupt" and this "Repair Action File System repair (chkdsk)reset Failed Error code = ox3

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac