Blue Screen Of Death Windows XP

Mat2 12:51 30 Jul 03

Hi Folks,

I hope you can help me with a problem i'm having. The computer spec is: AMD Duron 1300Mhz, Asrock Motherboard, 512Mb 20GB HardDrive, the usually CDroms windows XP Home Edition. The Problem I have is i keep getting blue screens with the following file Win32k.sys or i get IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL. have i reinstalled Windows XP but i still keep getting the blue screens. If anybody has some ideas i would be very grateful.

Mat2

Jester2K II 13:23 30 Jul 03

click here

If the Stop message mentions the file Win32k.sys, the source of the error might be a third-party "remote control" program. If such software is installed, you might be able to disable it by starting the system in safe mode. If not, use Recovery Console to manually delete the system service file that is causing the problem.

Mat2 13:48 30 Jul 03

Hi Jester2K II

Thanks for you suggestion and the web address. I will try your ideas and i'll let you know.

Mat2

rabies 16:25 30 Jul 03

I got the same and other messages with the blue screen. After trying numerous things a friend suggested that one of my memory cards was defective. Guess what, he was right. If you have more than one RAM card, take one out in turn and see if that cures the problem

Mat2 16:44 30 Jul 03

HI Rabies

Thanks for your suggestion i will have a look at the memory simms to see if the problem lies there.

Mat2

andycampbell82 16:48 30 Jul 03

I had that problem, disable your level 2 cache in your bios, that should fix it

Mat2 16:56 30 Jul 03

Hi andycampbell82

Thanks for your suggestion, i have tried what you say but unfortunately my bios does not allow you to disable the L2 Cache.

Mat2

Mat2 17:49 30 Jul 03

Hi Folks

Thanks to all of you for your help with my problem, which seam to be with one of the memory simms not connected properly.

Thanks Again

Mat2

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now