Blue screen of death stop message

howard64 14:51 17 Jun 07

windows xp attempts to load and then stops with the following message on the blue screen,DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with the message ACPI.sys - address F77F5381 base at F77E2000. datestamp 3b7d8550. In this instance I have with me 2 almost identical pcs AMD xp1800 with 1 GB of ram and Gigabyte 7ZYE motherboards. The harddrive from this pc if installed in the other pc loads perfectly but in this one never gets past the welcome screen then up comes the message - often it does not even get past to the welcome screen but hangs at the starting windows screen. Does anyone know how to correct this? I can enter the bios and have even flashed it to the latest but no improvement.

jay.p 15:24 17 Jun 07

can be a number of things but commonly a memory card can be the problem with this error.if you have 2 cards try removing one and see what happens. if not put it back and try the other one.
post back if no luck and will go from there as there are other options.

Press Man 15:42 17 Jun 07

acpi.sys indicates Advanced Configuration and Power Interface. I suggest you reseat ram to different slots.

howard64 16:06 17 Jun 07

3 strips of ram 2 x 256MB Crucial 1 x 512MB all have been removed and replaced 1 at a time in all slots so I do not think it is that. I have also put a small old hard drive in and loaded winME perfectly and it runs fine. Why it will not load win xp pro which it has had for 2 years i do not understand.

jay.p 16:55 17 Jun 07

can also be a corrupt system or device driver.have you updated any drivers lately or hot fixes , if so do a roll back or system resore to before that date.if you access the internet through a nic card the driver for this may need updating.
could look here for more info.
click here

woodchip 16:55 17 Jun 07

Just for startes, Try looking in BIOS for ACPI. If it's there try disabling it. Save settings before you exit

woodchip 16:56 17 Jun 07
  howard64 17:17 17 Jun 07

not found acpi in bios - thanks for link to tek tips I will try a few things mentioned and come back later this evening. Normally the message is up before any drivers have loaded.

woodchip 20:19 17 Jun 07

That suggests BIOS, Try turning power Management of in BIOS

birdface 05:56 18 Jun 07

Googled. click here

howard64 11:40 30 Jun 07

the problem turned out to be a faulty hard drive. I have replaced this and all appears well. A very strange set of events for a faulty hard drive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…