Blue Screen of Death - Clock Interrupt

Tom-1439585 23:10 13 Apr 10

"A clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time interval"

Blue screen - Usually happens like 2-5 times a day. And it is SO annoying.
Usually happens in the middle of a game, or in the middle of a video. - Leading me to think it's RAM - But I did memtest86 and it came back fine :/
Also it did it on the onboard graphics card, and I installed a seperate graphics card and it still continues. Also I changed from a 300W - I think, to a 500W power supply, so shouldn't really be that..

This is my computer:
click here

northumbria61 23:39 13 Apr 10

There are several possibilities - you might like to have a look at this - I believe it also occurs in Vista.

click here

MAT ALAN 23:42 13 Apr 10

The error message sugests that your CPU is faulty or if it is overclocked reset it to its default speeds...

northumbria61 08:04 14 Apr 10

MAT ALAN -

There is a suggestion in the LINK I sent to "tomhurst" that the CPU may be faulty or overclocked which is headed under "Another bizarre piece of information"

If it isn't "overclocked" could the answer lie in the BIOS settings ? - as referred to further down in that LINK - "Maybe your BIOS setup has options for Automatic Overclocking" - If there is that option maybe it needs to be turned off.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…