Blue screen of Death

Mr. T 12:26 23 Jun 03

It's me again.
System: custom built
RAM: 512
Processor: AMD Athlon 1900+

In the last couple of days we had a thunder storm in Cornwall. I was at work, so I did not have the chance to turn pc off. Result as follows:
Pc will only start in safe mode. If I try to restart in normal mode, after the first couple of screens I get the dreaded blue screen saying:
Windows protection Error. Restart your system. System halted. No matter what I did or done I could not start the pc in normal mode at all. What can I do? All constructive input is greatly apprecaited.

Mr. T

MichelleC 14:57 23 Jun 03

1 of your devices is maybe fried. It's usually a driver/device prob to not go past safemode.

Try running thoro scandisc (in safemode ;o) with auto fix unchecked. Look in device manager for any yellows.

Mr. T 11:32 24 Jun 03

Thanks for the idea. I have already tried that, but to no avail.
The computer seems to stop on hardware detection, so there is a possibility that something is fried but there are no indications as to what. The other thing is that, if it starts in safe mode, how can i find out which device or driver is fried?
I have run system restore, no joy. I have tried to reinstall windows, but it stopped on the first reboot, so what could it be. Please help

Mr. T

MichelleC 14:35 24 Jun 03

Then it's a process of elimination. You'll have to take out devices 1 by 1 to see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…