//some 3rd party need geo

blue screen of death

stourry 21:41 16 Mar 03

my friend computer will not let them start in anything but same mode. was working okay then got blue screen advising of errors. as in safe mode cannot access cd drives. has home made system amd athlon 2000+ v266b motherboard. any advice without have to re-format to get up and running. dont have exact message for error we live quite far away from each other. woulds appreciate help.

Lozzy 22:21 16 Mar 03

Require full system spec and components used in the home build together with settings.. As thats what I suspect where the issue lyes

goonerbill 22:27 16 Mar 03

without knowing what the error messages are, i doubt if anybody will be able to give positive advice. also you will not get any cd drives show up in safe mode, as this what windows does, bloody pain if ya need to use a cd. only thing that i can suggest is to load his version of windows back over itself and see if everything is ok.

Lozzy 22:34 16 Mar 03

If you want major problems the load windows on top of its self.. NEVER ever do that if you do not want a remort and re-installation then install windows into a new folder..

VoG™ 22:39 16 Mar 03

Sorry I have to disagree with that last remark.

Here's how to do it with XP click here

Done this myself and all running sweetly.

stourry 22:51 16 Mar 03

not sure of setting as live quite far away. have processor and mother board as stated also 320 mb ram, sound blaster creative 4.1,-tek geforce 2mx/mx400 graphics card us robotics external modem running windows me. they did not write down the error message sorry have asked in future if they have problems to write down all error msgs. i know it is not a lot but all i have at moment Lozzy thanks. about inatll windows on top fine but dont ahve access to cd drives at present.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…