Blue screen of DEATH

professor 01:43 23 Feb 03

hey all

ok i get a blue screen that says "A fatal exception OE has occurred at 0028 : C003C5EE in vxd IOS(1) + 0000146E."

I get that message each time i try to start a burn process with Nero 5.0.
I think i know what it is but i just wanna double-check my inkling.

so does anyone know where i can go to double check my inkling?

cheers,prof

jazzypop 01:51 23 Feb 03
  professor 10:48 23 Feb 03

sorry no good jazzypop, any other sites?

prof

Hello professor, I've just had a trawl around the knowledgebase click here;[ln];kbhowto and whilst I can't find your specific problem, there are several similar error messages that seem to point to an issue with anti virus software (particularly macafee). Have you tried shutting down your av before trying to burn a disc?

If this works, you may need to contact your av supplier for an upgraded engine.

Hope this info helps. Regards, Mr. Mouse.

professor 16:01 24 Feb 03

mr. mouse

a valiant attempt but it isnt that i think you deserve a pat on the back though for being brave enough to travel around the knoledgebase!

so a round of applause goes to you sir

prof

Mad Boy 16:48 24 Feb 03

I to have a similiar problem regarding scanning viruses my message is as follows:

A fatal exception OE has occured at 0028:C169B4C1 in VXD mscan32 (01)+00009D2A1

if anyone can help please reply in my thread named I have A super Virus/Spyware/Trojan!?

Hello again professor, sorry the first post was of no use. I have had another trawl, and I am now wondering if your IOS.vxd file has become corrupt.

You have not told me which os you are using, but I would suggest that you find the above mentioned file, and make a backup of it (copy and change the extension ie IOSvxd.old) then depending on your os, replace the file from your installation disc.

Some other suggestion's to make at the moment, if your cdr has dma enabled, try turning that off and see if it makes any difference. Fatal exception 0e (thats zero e, not OE.(Hex for 14)), can be caused by memory issues. Is there any chance you have some faulty ram, or have you installed any memory management software recently?

If you have a file named Sb16.vxd residing in your Windows\System\Iosubsys directory, you could try to rename that (same procedure as before XXX.old), and finally for now, have you got any corel software installed? If you have, search for Cdraspi.vxd and if found, rename that file as before. You may need to restart after any renaming, or some may need to be renamed in safe mode, I haven't checked to see if any of these run automatically with windows.

Good luck with these, but if you get no joy, please post back with more details for your pc and software, and perhaps let me know what it is you think may be the problem. Regards, Mr. M.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…