blue screen of death

trojan99 18:12 11 Feb 03

I run 98SE and now when i access the internet, via my broadband connection i occasionally get the blue screen of death, which reads: an exception has occured at 0228:C16C3B6B in VxD MSTCP (01) + 00004FDB. This was called from 0028:C001C3D4 in VxD NDIS (01) + 00004860.
I believe this is a memory related problem, and have reinstalled windows but it is still happening?
Any suggestions?

Lozzy 18:31 11 Feb 03

VxD are video drivers you may consider updating your video drivers. Also you do need to update your ethernet card drivers. See extract from MS Knowledge Base

Exception OE in Vxdndis When You Connect to the Internet
The information in this article applies to:
Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition
Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition
Microsoft Windows 98

When you attempt to connect to the Internet, you may receive an error message similar to the following:

An exception OE has occurred at 0028:0000000C in VxD
This was called from
0028:C001d188 in vxdndis "01"+00005AA0. It may be possible to continue
normally. Press any key.
To resolve this behavior, use one of the following methods.
Method 1: Upgrade to the Latest Version of EnterNet 300
Additional information about obtaining EnterNet 300 is available from the following URL:
click here

Method 2: Configure EnterNet 300 to Use the Protocol Driver
Configure EnterNet 300 to use the Protocol driver. To do this, follow these steps:
Quit all running programs.
On the desktop, double-click the EnterNet 300 icon.
In the Profiles - EnterNet 300 dialog box that appears, click Settings on the Connections menu.
In the Application Settings dialog box, click Advanced.
In the Advanced Settings dialog box, click Protocol Driver under Network Access, and then click OK twice.

trojan99 18:47 11 Feb 03

What is enternet 300? If it has ANY relevance i have a Telewest (blue yonder) broadband connection and use a NETGEAR FA311/FA312 PCI adapter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…