Blue Screen Of Death.?

Uboat 14:00 20 Apr 09

OMG this is frustrating does anyone know how i can get this sorted please, ive got a xp running machine also ive got another with vista but the xp one has the blue screen of death & im not sure why cause it was working lastnight?

here is the error:0x000000ED UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

so i cannot get to desktop.?

i was wondering if there is any bios prog or run prog that can help this.?
thankyou!

rawprawn 14:07 20 Apr 09
  Uboat 14:40 20 Apr 09

rawprawn thanks for the link BUT i forgot to mention its running on a Laptop! would that make any differance.?

rawprawn 14:54 20 Apr 09

No I suspect this is what you need to do.
You may have to set BIOS to boot from CD.
1.Insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.

Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.

2.When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.

3.If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.

4.When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.

rawprawn 14:55 20 Apr 09

Sorry only copied part, here is the rst
5.At the command prompt, type chkdsk /r , and then press ENTER.

6.At the command prompt, type exit , and then press ENTER to restart your computer.

This takes a bit longer, but the system should boot back into Windows.

Uboat 15:39 20 Apr 09

rawprawn thankx again!

ive just tried that & when i press "R" it says error cant read hard drive.?

rawprawn 16:34 20 Apr 09

Can you get to the command propt? if so just type
chkdsk /r and hit enter

rawprawn 16:42 20 Apr 09

Question, on your XP machine do you have any other drives such as an "A"floppy disc drive? is there a floppy in the drive? if so take it out and reboot.

rawprawn 17:20 20 Apr 09

I'm afraid I must leave shortly as I have a meeting.
I will look back tomorrow.

Uboat 17:46 20 Apr 09

rawprawn i opened the laptop up took out the hard drive then used a recovery disc & it worked!

thankyou so much for your time i hope your meeting went well!

Uboat!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…