2 GB RAM 2 sticks
1 is 667
1 is 533
VGA ASUS 8800 GTX 768 MB
500GB HDD
ZNXT case
680watt PSU

OS is XP SP2 student edition.

I am now going to cancel out the RAM because i have tested them already.
The orignal sticks were 800 Mhz corsair and it still did it.

i have also forrmatted and cleared it completely (quick format)and a new fresh OS.

when i start up my computer if i leave it alone it could bluescreen if i click somethink it could blue screen. the blue screen is just a flash litrally. I have under a second to see it. then it will reboot.

ASUS smart doctor is installed and when asus smart doctor pops up and says my video card is ok.

my computer will run play and do absoultly anythink i want it to without faulter the only time. It does is when i click somethink before letting it load or when it doesnt load at all.

i am thinking of other ways to attempt to fix it but i am unable to other than test the graphics card

Gongoozler 10:41 28 Jan 08

Right click on "My Computer", select "Properties" "Advanced" Startup and Recovery - "Settings". Untick "Automatically restart". Your computer should then not restart when there is a fault condition, so letting you read the error message.

Gongoozler 16:54 29 Jan 08

Here is the technical information of the blue screen. I've posted all the key parts of the blue screen. Page fault in nonpaged areas Technical information ***STOP 0x00000050 0xA512E0A7 0x00000000 0x8052A8CC 0x00000000 please help.

------------------------------------------------

Hi Dan. It's best if you reply via the "Add a new response" box at the bottom of the page; that way other - possibly more knowledgeable forum members can join the discussion.

As far as I know, "Page fault in nonpaged area" errors are almost always caused by a memory defect. As you have two sticks of RAM, try with only one. As either stick or either memory slot could have a fault, try one stick then the other in the slot. If your motherboard can accept memory in any slot, you could also try the various permutations of sticks and slots.

anskyber 16:59 29 Jan 08

I think you need to have matching pairs of RAM.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:37 29 Jan 08

Faulty hardware. Stop 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM). If hardware has been added to the system recently, remove it to see if the error recurs. If existing hardware has failed, remove or replace the faulty component. You need to run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owners manual for your computer.

Buggy system service. Often, the installation of a buggy system service is a culprit. Disable the service and confirm that this resolves the error. If so, contact the manufacturer of the system service about a possible update. If the error occurs during system startup, restart your computer, and press F8 at the character-mode screen that displays the prompt For troubleshooting and advanced startup options for Windows 2000, press F8. On the resulting Windows 2000 Advanced Options menu, choose the Last Known Good Configuration option. This option is most effective when only one driver or service is added at a time.

Antivirus software. Antivirus software can also trigger this error. Disable the program and confirm that this resolves the error. If it does, contact the manufacturer of the program about a possible update.

Corrupted NTFS volume. A corrupted NTFS volume can also generate this error. Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and repair disk errors. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition. If you cannot start the system due to the error, use the Recovery Console and run Chkdsk /r . For more information about the Recovery Console, see Troubleshooting Tools and Strategies in this book. If the hard disk is a SCSI disk, check for problems between the SCSI controller and the disk.

rossgolf 17:38 29 Jan 08

yes matching pairs would help

Demora 18:09 29 Jan 08

Recently I had some BSOD issues. Due to Faulty Ram and then once after the laptop returned from repair. Avast Anti Virus removal solved that.

D

dan bould 09:33 30 Jan 08

ive already,
tried different RAM sticks as mentioned

ive tried (ill say colors) blue on blue i think that is dimm 1 and 3 black on black dimm 2 and 4 it beeped then and did not start up.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…