Blue screen of death

ccef 02:55 04 Mar 07

Recently I have been meeting the blue screen of death on my windows xp again and again. Most of the time the blue screen of death error is "Page_fault_in_nonpaged_area" or "Bad_pool_header".

It usually occurs when i use windows media player and the internet at the same time or when i go to a website which loads very slowly.

This did not happen before but this problem somehow started to appear all of a sudden.

Please help!!!

moorie- 03:40 04 Mar 07

have a look at this link,stop bsod error messages and
possible causes.
click here

bennyhillslovechild 03:41 04 Mar 07

Bad_Pool_header normally refers to a driver issue. Have you recently installed any hardware that may have caused this to happen?

bennyhillslovechild 03:46 04 Mar 07

Moorie - That's a handy link! Think I'll bookmark that one, cheers.

SLAYER 06:28 04 Mar 07

ditto

terryf 06:44 04 Mar 07

Et moi

ccef 13:27 09 Mar 07

Pls Help, I cannot solve the problem of Bad_pool_header. Btw, I have 32kb of bad sectors.

moorie- 13:36 09 Mar 07

try running this and see what results yo get
click here

moorie- 13:40 09 Mar 07

also have a look in device manager
view hidden folders
and look for any flagged with yellow warning

ccef 08:39 18 Mar 07

Hi moorie, I ran the memtest for one night and got 0 errors. I had a yellow warning on my keyboard though. Nowadays, this blue screen of death just comes on with NO error message like "Bad_pool_header" anymore. This screen appears sometimes when I use wikipedia or blogger.

Wak 09:33 18 Mar 07

You could have a faulty System File?
Run the System File Checker using
Start/ Run & type
SFC /scannow

Just a thought.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…