Blue screen of death

pb3kp 12:42 03 Feb 07

When I start my computer I get the above problem and the message as follows:

Stop:0X0000008E(0XC0000005,0X804EB16D,0XAAFFBB94,0X00000000)

I reset and I get the option to start windows, it then starts ok.

All help would be most great help.

Many Thanks

Bob

rawprawn 13:04 03 Feb 07

click here I have never used this and so I cannot vouch for it.
I would however download and run CCleaner
click here
and then run a system file scan. Start/Run/ and type sfc /scannow and hit Enter (Watch the space between sfc and /) you will need your XP Disc

bof:) 14:04 03 Feb 07

click here

found this for the first part of your error message. Not sure how much applies though.

Mike

FreeCell 15:10 03 Feb 07

Error messages that start like this are most usually caused by driver programs not being programmed correctly for certain error conditions. The end of the error usually indicates which progam was causing the error but you haven't given that information. If you note it look it up in Microsoft's Knowledge Base to see if there are any known problems.

You may also try starting in Safe Mode. This loads only a limited set of drivers. Look in Device Manager to see if there any yellow exclaimation marks against hardware items that have problem drivers.

bof:) 19:32 07 Feb 07

Hi pb3kp, have you solved your problem ? Did we help?

Could you post the solution so that anyone else with the same problem can see what you did.

Could you you also tick the resolved box please.

If you are still having problems lt us know.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…