The blue screen of death?

Rhuddlan 17:14 20 Jun 05

Hi, a friend of mine has a packard bell, can't remember the model number. It is about 5 years old and has windows me on it, not sure about the rest of the specs. Anyway, recentley whenever she writes an e mail or types up a word document a blue screen appears with different numbers and letters, she can't remember what it said but I think it could be a hardware problem?. She has various things connected to it, such as her pringter, scanner, keyboard, mouse, camera and i pod. Could the power supply not cope with all these? the comp is nearly five years old remember. When she is surfing the net all seems fine, it has slowed down now very much, but doesn't want a new one as this one is still under guarantee and paid a lot of money for it five years ago. She has plenty of room on the hard disk so it can't a full disk. Can anyone please help a desprate friend of mine?

Rhuddlan 17:31 20 Jun 05

bump

VoG II 17:42 20 Jun 05

We need the actual error message. Which version of Word? Which e-mail program?

Rhuddlan 18:11 20 Jun 05

I will try and get the error message off her. She is using word 2000 and hotmail to write e mails.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…