Blue Screen of death

holly polly 19:36 25 May 05

Win M.E athlon 700
512mb of ram
recently upgraded my bb to 2mb broadband connection keeps halting and comp crashes withh the following message-

an exception happened 0028:C00589C in vxd mpf (BOCKS(01)+00011A2B THIS WAS CALLED FROM 0028:C006E3FO IN VXD MDI SWAN (01)=00000FF8.

bb keeps connected ok to internet its just that when i start downloading it crashes and then i recieve the error messages computor sometimes reboots itself or bb modem ceases doing anything .

all answers greatfully recived -Hol Pol...

TomG 20:59 25 May 05

Usually when you get a blus creen it also refers to a program or a dll file - can you try and write down the full error message please

holly polly 21:28 25 May 05

the full error message is as posted with the exception of saying it may be possible to continue normally or press ctrl alt and del -hol pol..

TomG 21:52 25 May 05

I suppose its back to basics

1) try a system restore to before the problem started
2) try uninstalling any new programs and reinstalling
3) same for hardware

sattman 23:19 25 May 05

Try this, go to run and type msconfig. on the static VXD you need to work through to find out which is the problem. You can untick half first, restart and see if problem dissapears. If not restore and untick other half. when you find problem post back.
You can untick all for test purposes your computor will still run

It is likely that the problem is associated with your mainboard drivers, try restoring or preferable see if the drivers have been upgraded.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…