Blue screen of death

JACC 14:29 22 Sep 04

I've just had the blue screen of death appear ,i was just listening to music through the pc when it stopped altogether . I panicked a bit and never read the screen thoroughly but i remember something about a memory dump , what is this and how do i fix it please . It also said something like "if this is the first time you have seen this screen restart your computer " it rebooted ok and is now working fine .Defragged,ran antivirus nothing showed up .WXP pro ,no XP2 yet .

BurrWalnut 14:39 22 Sep 04

Next time it happens, write down the STOP error message and number (say x0000007b) and have a look here for the message number click here and here click here

Chaz10 15:43 22 Sep 04

I had this problem last week, as i've come across it on various machines in the past I ran memtest click here and it showed a faulty memory chip, replaced it, problem dissapeared.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…