blue screen of death

SOUNDFADER 20:08 20 Sep 03

i win xp home edition on my computer i have been suffering this blue screen of death for sometime now, on part of the screen it says pagefault in nonpaged area, and near the bottom it says causing fault in unishieldxp.sys. i haven't got a clue what this is, please any ideas and remedies greatly appreciated thanks

howard60 21:02 20 Sep 03

this could be a memory fault. If you have 2 or more strips of memory try removing them and leave just 1. Run the system and see if the problem is cured. I have had 2 strips that will not work in the same machine but work perfectly with other memory.

Iceman1978 23:11 20 Sep 03

Ive had the problem with my machine for a while. Try typing verifier in your run command box. This utility can scan for and then watch any unsigned drivers. If these drivers cause the shutdown remove them. Check the unishield driver see which program it is from by checking the properties. Remove the file if its not used by a program currently installed on your system

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…