Blue Screen on behalf of eysha

herb77 21:36 21 Jan 15

I am on my daughters laptop as mine has developed a blue screen. It was fine until I used adwcleaner then problems hit so I did a system restore and then more problems - blue screen. I was using win 8.1. How do I get back in and get my laptop back? Never had this problem before so all help so appreciated as always. E.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:25 21 Jan 15

what code no on the Blue screen

0x000000007A - IRQ not equal or similar?

lotvic 22:36 21 Jan 15

Hi eysha, is this you and your Toshiba laptop in this eysha1 thread? ClickHere

herb77 09:59 22 Jan 15

FruitBat, the only thing I recall seeing was something to do with memory but is was so quick I don't remember what it said. after running adwcleaner I had no internet connection at all and there was no others visable - total all gone. did a system restore but it said it didn't work and I could try again - still no luck. all I get is the Toshiba logo then blue screen. I am so hoping you can tell me how to get back on without anything drastic like wiping it. lotvic, yes it is me and that was my last thread.

Many thanks and have everything crossed. Can follow all instructions from this laptop to fix mine so keep posting.

herb77 10:12 22 Jan 15

Just read the HOW TO FIX BLUE SCREEN above and I recall that when the system restore was working it was spending ages on the registry, longer than normal - could it be something to do with registry? and how do I fix it? or maybe it's the memory as it did very quickly flash something but I only got the word memory. It was originally a win 8 but it upgraded itself to a 8.1.

alanrwood 10:51 22 Jan 15

If you can't do a system restore it might just be quicker in the long run to just re-install from scratch. I am assuming you have a restore partition on the laptop.

herb77 14:03 22 Jan 15

I do but how do I get into the laptop to get to the restore partition?

herb77 14:46 22 Jan 15

UPDATE - I switched on my laptop again with fingers crossed and got this message -

Realtek HD audio Background Process for Vista RAVBg64.exe-A... 0x400207f8 ref [email protected]

Whatever that means, but I know someone here will know. Why does it say Vista when I am Win 8.1?

Thanks in advance E.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:05 22 Jan 15

0x400207f8 that is an odd one more often seen with Android rather than windows.

I suspect there is a problem with the Realtek driver and an update is needed will it boot into safe mode?

If so remove the driver an reboot into normal mode and reinstall or update the driver.

1]: [click here

herb77 19:40 22 Jan 15

Thanks FruitBat, unfortunately I cannot get into the laptop at all. It shows the Toshiba logo and then the message as posted above but I cannot get further. it just shows a blue/black screen.

If you know how I can get into it to follow your instructions will be happy to do so. Will await your reply. Many thanks E.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:46 22 Jan 15

Have you tried methods 3 4 and 5 in my link?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…