Blue screen appears, not possible to reboot, even safe mode

Disaro 14:00 PM 31 Dec 11

Yesterday I left my Pc running a dfragmentation and when I returnes there was the crash blue screen with the following technical details: STOP: 0x000000ED (0x87749c90, 0xc00000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). I tried to reboot but even the safe mode doesn't work, same blue screen appears. Can anyone help???? Thanks!

johndrew 15:27 PM 31 Dec 11

Have a look at this it may help.

Another possibility is that a RAM module has failed. Either replace it/them or run MemTest to check it out.

However it may be that your HDD is failing of has failed. Hopefully you have a backup of the drive which you can install on a new HDD. If not you could try making an Ultimate Boot CD on another PC and attempting to recover important files to another drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:27 PM 31 Dec 11

What is rest of message?

Unmountable Boot Volume?

Disaro 20:57 PM 03 Jan 12

Yes, it also says unmountable boot volume. Fortunately I have an external hard disk, almost everything has been copied there except for last month pictures of my kids :(

Johndrew, will try to do what u suggest when I'm back from holidays.

Thks for replying and helping.

onthelimit1 21:16 PM 03 Jan 12

If it's XP, and you have an XP disk, then follow this guide

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites