Blue screen appears, not possible to reboot, even safe mode

Disaro 31 Dec 11

Yesterday I left my Pc running a dfragmentation and when I returnes there was the crash blue screen with the following technical details: STOP: 0x000000ED (0x87749c90, 0xc00000006, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). I tried to reboot but even the safe mode doesn't work, same blue screen appears. Can anyone help???? Thanks!

johndrew 31 Dec 11

Have a look at this it may help.

Another possibility is that a RAM module has failed. Either replace it/them or run MemTest to check it out.

However it may be that your HDD is failing of has failed. Hopefully you have a backup of the drive which you can install on a new HDD. If not you could try making an Ultimate Boot CD on another PC and attempting to recover important files to another drive.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 31 Dec 11

What is rest of message?

Unmountable Boot Volume?

Disaro 03 Jan 12

Yes, it also says unmountable boot volume. Fortunately I have an external hard disk, almost everything has been copied there except for last month pictures of my kids :(

Johndrew, will try to do what u suggest when I'm back from holidays.

Thks for replying and helping.

onthelimit1 03 Jan 12

If it's XP, and you have an XP disk, then follow this guide

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message