Blue Screen

ordep 21:36 17 Jul 03

Does any one have any idea what this mumbo jumbo is suppose to mean in the error report.

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini071703-02.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER11.tmp.dir00\sysdata.xml

jazzypop 21:58 17 Jul 03

You have set your system to create an error report, in the form of a 'minidump', when it encounters a critical error and has to restart.

The idea of the minidump is that the contents will help you diagnose the cause of the error. However, unless you have a Master degree in computer gobbledygook, it will be meaningless to mere mortals like us.

It is safe to delete, if you wish.

You can change how your compute behaves when it encounters a critical error by right-clicking My Computer, choosing Properties > Advanced > Startup & Recovery.

You can also right-click My Computer, choose Manage, and view the System Event files to get more meaningful messages about system errors.

ordep 22:14 17 Jul 03

Thanks for that jazzypop.

System Event identifies it in Source as "True Vector Engine"

Quick Google tells me its something to do with ZoneAlarm & SP1 (both of which I have)

Shall investigate further in the cold light of dawn.

Thanks again mate.

ahales42 00:11 18 Jul 03

it`s zone alarm that`s causing the problem.update it and it should fix your prob.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…