Blue Screen

Bill 14:03 21 Dec 04

I'm running XP Home + SP2, and nearly every time that I download a programme, I get a blue screen.

Programmes download OK, but when I try to run them, the screen goes Blue, and writes:

Bad Pool Header, This is followed by instructions to make certain that all Hard & Software is properly installed.

Technical: Stop ox000000 19 ( ox000000 20 ox82ea47do, ox82ea47eq, ox000000oa020001)
Beginning dump of physical memory.

The computer then sits for 30 seconds, and shuts down and restarts.

The programme that I have downloaded is really downloaded, but if I try to use it, it repeats the whole sorry mess again.

Has anyone come across this problem, and if so, can they please throw any light upon it.

Bill

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:32 21 Dec 04

click here

Is this a game you aretrying to use?

You probably need to update all your drivers also check you have the latest directx drivers

enter dxdiag in the run box to see if there is a problem there.

Bill 16:17 21 Dec 04

Hello Fruit Bat!

No it isn't a game that I'm trying to download, although I expect that would produce the same result. Just about any prog. that I try to download gives me a Blue screen. I have been around all my drivers too. Will have a look at dxdiag.

Many thanks,

Bill

€dstowe 16:27 21 Dec 04

There are a number of Goggle references to Bad Pool Header click here

€dstowe 16:28 21 Dec 04

If the click here doesn't work on your system, just type in Bad Pool Error into google.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…