Blue fatal screen

daisy2bell 20:18 05 Jun 04

I've just deleted and re installed my hard drive.
When I copy files from a CD back to the computer I am constantly getting the blue screen with the fatal message, and when I click on any key, I then have to restore my desktop.
This is anoying me to say the least
win98SE

woodchip 20:23 05 Jun 04

How did you delete your HD

daisy2bell 20:25 05 Jun 04

With the re load CD that came with the computer. I have done this a fair few times with no probs

woodchip 20:28 05 Jun 04

Right you mean you did a restore with the recovery disc what programs have you loaded since restore or hardware as been fitted of late

daisy2bell 09:48 06 Jun 04

No new hardware has been installed, still in original config.
Software loaded:
Word,Frontpage,musicprogramme,Aol,Musicmatch jukebox,Adaware,Photocopier pro,Adobe Photodeluxe,Epson printer 2x, scanner,Epson photosheet,Finepix viewer.
These have all been installed before I deleted the HD and never had problems

daisy2bell 10:09 06 Jun 04

Just an after thought.
If I did the whole proccess again but then copy my files from the CD to my HD, and only then load all the other software would this be viable.

Fruit Bat 12:26 06 Jun 04

Sounds the best way to do it

/\0/\

woodchip 15:45 06 Jun 04

If I was you, I would do a restore from the disc then just install one program at a time and test until you find the culprit

daisy2bell 19:48 06 Jun 04

Thanks I'll try that

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…