Blue error screen on shut-down

DIYgirl 09:18 19 Nov 03

I am running Win 98 on a 5 year old Dell computer.

When ever I shut down the computer I get a blue screen with the following error message:

"A fatal exception OE has occurred at 017F:BFF9DFF". It tells me to press any key to close down, or to hit Ctrl/Alt/Del to restart. If I press any key, the screen goes blank for a few seconds then the error message reappears, although Ctrl/Alt/Del does restart as promised.

Any ideas why this is happening, or what I can do to stop it?

All suggestions appreciated! Thanks.

Diodorus Siculus 10:11 19 Nov 03

click here for a possible solution.

OE is (I think) Outlook Express. That being the case, I would suggest that you update the version that you have with whatever patches are available for it. These patches often contain bug fixes that you might need.

Also have a look at WindowsUpdate.com and get any relevant updates for Win98 if you do not already have them.

DIYgirl 17:23 19 Nov 03

I have all the updates already installed, so that's not the problem. I'll read through the other string of messages you directed me to and see if I can find anything there. Thanks!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…