blue error screen !!

amoeba 16:12 02 Oct 06

Hello!

Last night I switched on my pc and I noticed a blue screen filled with words from top to bottom. I couldn't remember everything on the screen but it mentioned something about "video driver failed to initiate" then it tried to restart itself and after trying to restart 2 to 3 times it completely shuts down.
I gave it 10 minutes and switched the pc on again and everything is fine but I'm afraid of shutting down my pc again so its been on since 23.50 last night.
I had a new dvd writer and a usb2 pci card put in about 6 weeks ago. This is the first I've ever come across this blue screen so can anybody help.
I don't have the window disc and I'm not a techy.

Appreciate the help !!

recap 16:15 02 Oct 06

Check the Device Manger for any exclamation marks. To do this go to Start/My Computer and right click My Computer then select Manage then Device Manager.

If there are any exclamation marks, post back, and somebody will help you further.

amoeba 17:05 02 Oct 06

thank you for your quick response.
I checked every line and clicked on every +, no exclamation marks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…