Blue desktop screen at boot up.

Windsor 12:57 20 Jul 03

I have just re-formatted by HD and now get a blue screen during part of boot up before it changes to my chosen wallpaper.

I have had this in the past and somehow got rid of it, but I cannot now.

I have tried everything in the settings dialog box to no avail.

Can anyone advise me please

Lone Crow 13:44 20 Jul 03

You don't say what you had previously! Blue is the default Desktop colour so that is what you get before your wallpaper is loaded. To change it to a different colour Right Click on a blank area of the desktop, choose Properties to get the Display Properties dialogue box, then click on the Appearance tab, go to the Item box and select Desktop, then change the colour to whatever you want using the Colour box to the right if it. Click on Okay and reboot. You should get your selected colour now instead of blue. LC.

Windsor 15:44 20 Jul 03

Thanks Lone Crow.

I appreciate all that you said and I have done all that. But on previous boot-ups, the blue (or any other colour, did not appear)but went straight to the wallpaper.

I am still baffled.

Lone Crow 11:04 21 Jul 03

In that case, so am I! Are you sure it wasn't just set to white? LC.

alcudia 11:59 21 Jul 03

I have known this to happen if an html file has previously been chosen as the wallpaper. After you change to something else the background colour always appears for a second or two.
If this is the cause there is n cure.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…