Blue is the colour of my Death

Teriyaki 10:45 21 Jun 06

I have recently started having trouble with my PC giving the blue screen of death and rebooting. It appears to happen everytime I play games. I have had my PC switched on 24/7 for a week since my last crash and have been watching films surfing the internet etc with no problem. I decided to play a game last night and about 30 minutes in it BSOD on me. I opened up my case and all my fans seem to be running ok although it is quite dusty in there. I ran dxdiag and all the tests completed ok. Anyone got any idea of what could be happening?

rmcqua 11:04 21 Jun 06

This can sometimes be a symptom of RAM that is either marginally faulty or just not up to the job that is demanded of it when you are playing games. Are you able to borrow some RAM and substitute it for that which you already have installed? That might prove or disprove this possibility.

Devil Fish 11:07 21 Jun 06

you dont say what you are playing

but i might also be worth checking that your sound and graphics drivers are up to date

Input Overload 11:28 21 Jun 06

Under your CPU fan dust collects quite badly on the heat-sink matrix, and effectively prevents the heat-sink doing it's job. If you are confident enough you can remove the four screws and carefully brush the heat-sink out. Remember which was around the fan goes as it's easy to put it back the wrong way round which will prevent cooling.

silverous 11:42 21 Jun 06

You can switch off the auto-reboot feature so that you actually get to see the message if you aren't getting time to note it currently.

You can then search for the message.

Try altering some of the settings on the game (quality etc.) and you might find it goes away as this often occurs when the cards/drivers are pushed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…