Blu-Ray disc playing problem

aww24 10:44 12 Oct 10

Hello,
A few weeks ago I purchased an LG BH10LS30 10x BluRay-RW drive to go with my custom-built PC setup. I already have a Dell 2408wfp fully HDCP compliant monitor.I also purchased a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 graphics card connecting via one of the 2 dvi connectors to my monitor.
I also bought a number of Blu-Ray movies which have been playing quite happily with this setup using Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 software player for several weeks.
Today however, when I attempted to play a Blu-Ray movie I got an error message from the Cyberlink software player telling me it couldn't play the encrypted Blu-Ray content as my setup didn't have the right display connection and advised me to download BD Advisor which I did.
This proceeded to tell me that the VGA connection was not compatible.
Clearly, my system has been playing these discs and displaying them in the correct format for some time, so what can have happened to cause this problem? The graphics card and monitor connections are fully intact and have no problem in any other respect and I have made no other alterations to my system since installing these upgrades, save for installing and uninstalling a few other pieces of unrelated software -ie. games and utilities.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…