Blooming virus writers

grabster 22:00 26 Jun 04

Just wondering,having been the victim of a recent virus/trojan attack, click here and looking through various threads there seems to be an awful lot of browser hijacking and similiar shenanigins going on.
I thought i was well protected with AVG,ADAWARE,ZONEALARM and ie-spyad.
It just goes to show you cant be complacent about these things.
Goodness knows how many people out there dont use any precautions at all , how do they deal with these things ?.... use their pc's as expensive doorstops ?

VoG II 22:03 26 Jun 04

Well a fair proportion come here!

powerless 22:08 26 Jun 04

5 years, 3 viruses.

stalion 22:39 26 Jun 04

we can only hope that these malicious virus writers get infected with their own viruses

GaT7 22:46 26 Jun 04

Don't forget SpywareBlaster click here to block ad/spyware. G

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:53 26 Jun 04

No firewall (waste of resources), adaware, AVG, no viruses that have got past AVG and I haven't had any trojans etc. :-)))

ps...and Prevx but it has only reported me mucking with the registry.

The Spires 00:04 27 Jun 04

Your best protection is to use either Ghost click here or True Image click here while your Pc is ok. Then if ever you end up with difficult to remove malware it only takes a few minutes to restore a clean image, creating an image on a weekly basis takes less than 10 mins.

Night Ryder 00:19 27 Jun 04

Going on line without virus protection and keeping it up to date is just PC cuicide.
The people who write these things, obviously have a very good knowlege of PC's and networking. You would think, with all those skills they could turn there talents to better uses.

The Spires 00:31 27 Jun 04

Powerless 10 years 1 worm. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…