bloody ads

gengiscant 16:31 03 Jun 11
Answered

Anyway to stop these ads from popping up each time I move about on this sight, or is this part of the overall improvement?

BT 16:37 03 Jun 11

AdBlock seems to work well for me. Different versions available for different browsers. Google the one you need

BT 16:37 03 Jun 11

AdBlock seems to work well for me. Different versions available for different browsers. Google the one you need

gengiscant 16:58 03 Jun 11
Answer

Thanks 'BT' downloaded and installed, seems to be working.

David4637 20:21 06 Jun 11

Which ads were you trying to stop, the one at the top of the web page, or the ones running down the right hand side of the web page, because the right hand side ads I can not stop with add blocker. If you can please say how? Thanks David

woodchip 20:30 06 Jun 11

Nothing wrong with those that do not interfere with the Forum activity. Its got to have money to run it, nothing free in this world. Only from us Helpers

gengiscant 07:48 07 Jun 11

"Nothing wrong with those that do not interfere with the Forum activity. Its got to have money to run it, nothing free in this world"

If you had read my post correctly,I was complaining of the ads,usually Blackberry that appeared if I tried to move to another page, or the one that unfurled across the page, it worked so well I have not got a clue what it was advertising.The ads running down the right hand side are not a problem,its the intrusive ones that annoyed me. Other PC forums seem to be able to provide a site without the need for intrusive ads. So what's the problem with PCA?

Adblocker has solved that particular problem, pity there was not a bit of software to solve the many other problems with the so called improvements.

RussB78 12:03 07 Jun 11

I was running simple adblocker but kept getting nag screens saying it would only stop 200 adds and you either had to buy the full version which I declined. It then stopped working altogether.

This happened when I first booted up and came onto this site after just updating simple adblocker to version 1.0.9 I uninstalled and then tried a reinstall but it would not work.

Windows-7 IE-9

Flak999 12:20 07 Jun 11

Use Chrome with adblock, it's free. You will never be bothered again!

woodchip 12:32 07 Jun 11

I use Flock Browser Add blocker Turned on, so I get only the Static ones on the Right

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…