Bloodhound Exploit 6

ventanas 08:30 07 Apr 04

Turned my home machine on last night and Norton immediately reported the detection of two viruses. One Trojan which it immediately deleted, and another named Bloodhound Exploit6, which was lurking somewhere in C:\Documents & Setting. It was unable to either repair or delete this thing as access was denied.

I believe Norton uses the term Bloodhound when it detects an unknown threat. I immediately ran a full scan of my system, and then a separate scan of Docs and Settings. All was apparently clear. So if Norton found this, whatever it is, and was unable to do anything with it, does anyone have any idea what could have happened to it. Unless it is linked to the Trojan it deleted.

Grateful for any advice. I did found out where they came from. Offspring home from university for the break. Now banned.

Info on this threat at click here

byfordr 12:19 07 Apr 04

It may have been something that was memory resident or in a temp file. If Norton is giving you the all clear you should be fine. Would probably be worth running spybot and adaware. Pest patrol click here the cleaner click here both have free trials which pick up all manner of spyware, trojans and other nasties.

ventanas 12:26 07 Apr 04

Thanks, I feel better now. I've got Adaware,Spybot and SpywareBlaster. I run the first two tonight just to make sure.

Again many thanks

GaT7 12:27 07 Apr 04

Similar thread - click here

ventanas 12:30 07 Apr 04

Thank you, I did suspect something on that line. I emptied the lot last night, so all should be fine now.

Thanks again.

GaT7 15:27 08 Apr 04

Your welcome. Glad it's gone. You may want to see the recommendations here to lessen the chance of being infected again - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…