blocky text on programs and web pages

holly polly 16:37 03 May 03

new to computing ,i have a amd athlon 700 with 512 mb of ram,my question is when i run certain programs eg epsom photo quicker when the main menu page loads the buttons on screen appear with irregular or quite often no text on them,if like me your memory isnt what it use to be you have a job remembering what button does what,also on certain web pages three quaters of the text appears normally ,but the other quareter is very blocky and resembles the kinda text you use to get on the old 64mb ram machines would appreciate any help ,i have tried deleting the so called program ,but to no avail,its realy doing my head in is it possible i have got a software conflict?

hugh-265156 16:53 03 May 03

try turning on cleartype in control panel/display/apperance/effects and from the drop down box use the following to smooth edges of screen fonts select it apply and ok.get latest drivers for you graphics too.and check in display/settings/advanced that at least 16bit colour is used.

pj123 19:30 03 May 03

What version of Photoquicker have you got?

go to click here and download Photoquicker 3.1.

Lone Crow 20:32 03 May 03

Referring to huggyg71's suggestions above, I've seen a similar problem on a laptop cured by changing the screen resolution to a higher setting - I think it was raised from 24bit to 32bit. But if your screen is a tft display (or even if it isn't!) you should check the handbook to see what the highest safe setting is as some monitors can be damaged by too high a setting, so I'm told. LC.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…