blocking my grandson

funnybone 22:51 09 Apr 07

my grandson is autistic and he has started sending abusive emails to his ex girlfriend who is very upset. I dont know his password and his mum cannot get into his hotmail on her computer, can it be done so he cannot send anymore. she has switched it off for now. any ideas?

p;3 22:57 09 Apr 07

is he using web mail or an e mail client to do this?

and of interest, how old is he?

I am sure someone will come up with a parental control thingi that can be put on the computer

GANDALF <|:-)> 22:58 09 Apr 07

Bios password? click here

G

skidzy 22:59 09 Apr 07

Several methods availble,but im afraid its normally bought software and configure the pc.

For starters,you could try and block hotmail by going into internet explorer/Tools/internet options/privacy/restricted sites/click sites/now add hotmail.com or .uk this should block access to this but there are ways around this.

Netnanny comes highley recommended by some including a friend of mine click here

skidzy 23:08 09 Apr 07

Something that may help you:

If he has msn and auto login:

Double click the msn icon and hopefully it will auto sign in,then File goto my email inbox.

This may help click here

lotvic 23:09 09 Apr 07

The ex-girlfriend can add his email address to her 'blocked senders' list

In Outlook Express > Open an email from him > Click on 'Message' at the top of screen to get the drop down menu > Click on 'Block Sender'

Or if it is Webmail hotmail:
Options > Mail > Junk e-mail Protection > Blocked Senders, and add his email address to list

Miros 23:30 09 Apr 07

You could find out his password using Snadboy from
click here then change it!
But it's then possible he could set up a new account.

woodchip 23:35 09 Apr 07

Take the plugs off the computer

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced