Blocking MSN Messenger

knobler 13:53 08 Mar 04

I'm sure that quite a few peolpe out there with teenager kids will appreciate that MSN Messenger is getting far to addictive. My kids are constantly on it despite our efforts to stop them and type in a language far to difficult to understand at times.

Does anybody know a way to block it for certain times of the day or password it etc.. so that we can stop them!!

Thanks in advance

johnnyrocker 13:58 08 Mar 04

messenger accounts are set up using the e mail address of the user and comes with a password set by the user, the only way to block it would be either getting net nanny or suchlike from download.com or password protect the computer altogether.

johnny.

knobler 14:03 08 Mar 04

Computers password protected at present, but You can't stop them all the time.

i read or heard that you could block certain sites for certain times etc..

johnnyrocker 14:05 08 Mar 04

yes net nanny or such, or if different profiles on pc increase internet security settings

johnny.

anon1 14:14 08 Mar 04

this may be of help but you didn't say which os you are using click here;EN-US;q302089
If you have xp then you could make accounts for the kids and set it up there that no access to msn messenger unless you are present to log it on for them on your own account

knobler 14:14 08 Mar 04

Cheers Johnny will give it a try. If you a hear a large scream in your part of the country, It's my daughters attacking me after finding out that they've been blocked. I'd better notify Surrey Ambulance Service in advance!!!!!

Thanks again

Derek

knobler 14:17 08 Mar 04

Anon,

1 is XP but the other is ME on a network.

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 15:02 08 Mar 04

If you download and install MSN plus you can password lock msn so they cant use it even makes logs of conversations and password locks them,lots of option available with plus.

Regards.

kyprosman 23:34 08 Mar 04

Just make sure you de-select the sponsership option's.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…