Blocked website

tallboy 20:28 16 Oct 05

I am trying to access the MoreThan car insurance website. When I try to go to click here on my PC (which runs Windows 2000) I get the message:

This is the template for the system busy page. This is the HTML version back

I have no trouble in accessing this page from my wife's PC that runs Windows ME.

I can't see any Internet settings on my PC that would block this website. If you have any ideas, I'd certainly welcome them.

Thanks

Tallboy

VoG II 20:30 16 Oct 05

I tried and got

Sorry - our system's busy

We were hoping you wouldn't see this screen but if it's appeared, it means that our system is busy, busy, busy.

It may just be a temporary problem so please press the 'Back' button on your browser to return to where you were then press 'Refresh'.

If you see this screen again and would like to talk to us, just click the Call me button and we'll ring you back. Otherwise, please visit us again later.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

SORRY OUR SYSTEM IS BUSY

We were hoping you wouldn't see this screen, but it means that our system is busy, busy, busy.

It may just be a temporary problem so please right click and select 'Back' to return to where you were then
right click again and select 'Refresh'.

If you see this screen again and would like to talk to us, please call us on .

We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

SANTOS7 20:33 16 Oct 05

Just tried link cannot get page to load at all, 2MB B/B so i would say it is a tad busy...

tallboy 20:57 16 Oct 05

I've tried accessing this site from my PC over a 2-day period and get the same message every time!

I gained access to it the first time I tried via my wife's Windows ME machine, so I suspect there is a setting on my PC blocking the access rather than the website itself. (Unless there is some way that the website will not work with Windows 2000 - which I doubt.)

Tallboy

SANTOS7 21:04 16 Oct 05

If you find it let me know i have again tested numerous links to websites all of which load perfectly ,have just tried "morethan" from different sources and nothing, "no page" or anything..

dougiez 21:05 16 Oct 05

tried got same as vog windows xp

VoG II 21:05 16 Oct 05

It is a problem at their end, not yours.

keith-236785 21:11 16 Oct 05

same as SANTOS7, left it loading for ages, progress bar half way up then nothing (finally got Page not found message). i would say that its the site at fault, the fact your wifes pc can access it is maybe due to visiting it before and you are now viewing the cached pages (stored on the wifes pc).

if you are looking for car insurance, have you tried click here ...confused.com will search lots of different insurance companies for you, you just fill in your details once.

good luck

dougiez 06:00 17 Oct 05

the site is up and running now

€dstowe 06:22 17 Oct 05

A case of LessThan rather than MoreThan?

On that performance, I hope you won't have to make a claim.

tallboy 08:34 17 Oct 05

Thanks for the tip to visit confused.com Paperman27 - I did use this site to get the best insurance offer, which for my circumstances is MoreThan.

I just tried to access their site again from my PC and got the same error message. I then immediately tried to access it via my works log-in (remote access) and reached their website first time.

I've sent a message to their webmaster. It will be interesting to see what reply (if any) I get.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…