Blocked Startup programs

K*B 07:39 28 Feb 11

As I use my Vista Home Basic laptop a message persistently shows up in the notification area as follows:

"Windows has blocked some startup programs.
Windows blocks programs that require permission
to run when Windows starts. Click to view
blocked programs."

I have clicked to view and found that all the startup programs listed already have permission. I therefore do not know what that message is meant to serve. I really do not know what to do next as this persistent notification is rather irritating. Thanks.

rawprawn 08:07 28 Feb 11

There is a small box to tick "Don't show this again"

rawprawn 08:52 28 Feb 11

If there isn't a box to tick click here

K*B 10:42 28 Feb 11

Thanx rawprawn.

smith.j 21:00 14 May 11

My laptop recently caught the Vista Home Security 2011 virus which I then fixed and removed using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. However, on the next startup, the blocked startup programs notice kept appearing which really annoyed me. So to get rid of it, I simply clicked blocked all programs - BIG mistake. Turns out that some of the programs are essential drivers (at least I think) because now my windows won't load after I enter my password. It just gives me a blank screen.

Is this related the the virus incident or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware? Most importantly how can I remove the block? Can anyone please help? :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…