Blocked for spamming

Wellpastit 00:20 20 Apr 04

I have used a lot of search engines to find the best prices for computer items to upgrade my system.
This has led to quadruple unwanted emails.
I use mailwasher to bounce and delete the unwanted 95%, and when mail washer was bouncing the emails, I received :-
- - you have been blocked for spamming, if you feel this is an error please contact "abuse.net"
the email was 5.0.0 [email protected]>
--is this a joke/scam or will I be blocked.
Mail washer does send all the spam emails back, so I am in a way sending spam.
abuse.net does not seem to be of help.

Gandalph 01:43 20 Apr 04

Try posting an e-mail to yourself. If it arrives OK then you will know you are not blocked.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:23 20 Apr 04

Do NOT bounce spam.

This has been mentioned many times on this and other forums. All you are doing is increasing the burden of an already overloaded Internet. Bouncing spam increases the load on the ISP's and to be truthful it is not their fault that spam is sent from their address...it is NOT illegal to send advertising. Just set mailwasher to delete any spam....mail softwarecompanies that have a 'bounce' facility should a) know better and b) be publically flogged for ignorance.

Your email was probably a hoax BTW as the address is Russian...not saying the Soviets are a bunch of comedians but...........

G

IClaudio 09:23 20 Apr 04

shouldn't that be 'Please Do NOT bounce spam.'?

Wellpastit 09:49 20 Apr 04

I still receive emails so I'm not blocked, but will reset Mail Washer to DELETE only.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…