Blocked programs

Gopherit 15:42 26 Nov 05

recently have a persistent program being blocked by Zone Alarm called "CFD.exe" I would be grateful for advice, should I let this through or not?
Also yesterday Norton Internet Security had a warning that my "network connection was being changed".
Could not get rid of warning other than by saying ok it so closed windows and restarted from system restore and seems ok now. Have Windows XP and ntl broadband
Any advice gratefully received.

mattyc_92 15:46 26 Nov 05

According to this (click here) it is a tool used by your ISP to help them with your installation.

So the question is, did you install anything from your ISP? as you don't need to.

Gopherit 16:13 26 Nov 05

Thanks for you reference. Program seems safe.
Query now is how can I unblock it.
Have looked at the Zone alarm log but other than switching Zone alarm off can't see how to do it

mgmcc 16:26 26 Nov 05

Delete the application from Zone Alarm's "Programs" section. Next time it tries to access the internet, Z.A. will ask for permission, you can give it a new permission and tick the box for always allowing access.

mattyc_92 17:12 26 Nov 05

1. Open ZoneAlarm and click onto "Program Control" from the options on the left.
2. Click onto the "Programs" tab button.
3. Find the program from the list and right-click it and select "Remove"

Now just remember that it will ask you what to do the next time this tool wants to access the net or change something (if you have the pro version). Just click the "Allow" button.

Hope that helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…