Blocked Inkjet Printhead

LionJon 21:17 14 Dec 06

I have a problem with a blocked printhjead on an Epson photo-stylus 870 printer. I have been using ink other thank Epson genuine ink for some years now without trouble. The cleaning mechanism on the black cartridge does not seem to function, so I have been comtemplating using a small petrol drop directly into the print head to clear it. Does anyone out thjere know of a better solution? I would be most grateful. I must also apologise for not replying to answers given to an earlier query. The difficulty was that my computer went down and I had to take it in for repair. Kind regards, Lionel Jones. (LionJon.)

jakimo 22:19 14 Dec 06

Use petrol if you only want to ruin your printer
Have a look

click here

Strawballs 22:24 14 Dec 06

choice stationary produce carts with cleaner fluid in them and they come with bungs so they can be stored.

sconedd 00:20 15 Dec 06

Hi LionJon, you could try a product called Rotring cleaning fluid for technical pens. It is not as harsh as some fluids. Hope this helps.

brundle 00:35 15 Dec 06

A drop of Isopropyl alcohol is good for blocked print nozzles - you can get it at chemists.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…