Blocked by file settings in trust centre.

1936 12:23 PM 12 Jun 12

I have a lot of 3.5. discs created ten years ago or so I wanted to look at. Some opened others did not. Those that did not displayed the message I set out below. Last night I was working on a totally different document and when I attempted to save it the same message came up but with, "You are attempting to save a file type (Open document text files) that have been blocked by your file settings in the trust centre." That means I’m stuffed if I want to edit any document or file.

These are the full words from my first problem. "You are attempting to open a file type (word 2 and earlier Binary Documents and Templates) that have been blocked by your file settings in the trust centre. This error occurs when you open a Microsoft Office file blocked by File Settings in the Trust Centre. To enable this file type do the following: Click the File type tab. Under Help, click Options. Click Trust Centre and then click Trust Centre Settings. In the Trust Centre click File Block Settings. To save documents with this file type disable the registry policy setting. For more information see Microsoft Knowledge base article 922850"

I only got so far but then chickend out.

I am not technically competent and I wonder if a Microsoft service exists that I could telephone and they could take over my system and fix the problem I have. I would be happy to pay.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:41 PM 12 Jun 12

see here

uppon15 12:45 PM 12 Jun 12
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites