Blocked Email

Jethro 19:03 16 Jun 04

I cannot receive emails properly as of yesterday. I am using Outlook Express and Windows 98. I receive the same 10 emails over and over again and see a dialogue box that says there are 34 more to come but they never arrive. All the time the icon in the system tray says that I am receiving mail but it never finishes. Can anyone help?

Valvegrid 19:13 16 Jun 04

If you can go to the webmail on your ISP and manage the emails there?

johnnyrocker 19:14 16 Jun 04

i would think the amount of mail is too large for your mailbox settings and if they dont all d/load they start all over again if your mail is a pop based one click here and edit your mailbox direct from the server before it hits your in box and you should be ok

johnny.

Jon.DN 22:11 18 Jun 04

Go to 'Tools' then 'Accounts', click on 'Mail' tab
then 'Properties' and 'Advanced' tab...At bottom of this page remove tick from 'Leave a copy of messages on server' Click apply and ok.
To clear blocked mail box you'll either need to contact your ISP or clear them from a web based mail service like Mail2Web...

Botch Casually 19:50 19 Jun 04

I am suffering the same problem using outlook express and windows xp. I can access the isp direct and clear the message there but it is a slow process. this has only started happening recently and makes having antispam software completely farcical.
Like Jethro I'd appreciate any good advice on this one.

zipdrive 19:54 19 Jun 04

Not sure who your ISP is, but when I had this problem I had to use Telnet to delete the offending message. It was over 6MB's!!. There was a limit size on incoming emails. You will need to check with your ISP on using Telnet and the commands to use. Hope that helps.

PSF 19:59 19 Jun 04

I would do as Valvegrid says go to the webmail of your isp. You will probably find there is something wrong with the 11th e-mail. On the site you can delete it and then it will allow the other 33 e-mails to download.

If in doubt to which one is causing the problem read all the e-mails on the webmail and delete them.

I have seen this a couple of times and that is how I cured it.

zipdrive 20:03 19 Jun 04

I would just like to add that when I had the problem email, I could not dlete it via Webmail. Telnet was the only way to delete it.

Valvegrid 21:43 19 Jun 04

Hmmm, looks like it's been resolved without any feedback on what the cure was, never mind.

Kind regards

Botch Casually 08:39 21 Jun 04

I don't know about jethro but I have tried mailwasher and the fault persisted. The messages that hang are not large often being only 20-40K.
I can delete them manually via the isp (NTL) but it's a slow process.

wee eddie 21:09 21 Jun 04

say 5Mg can appear to download for ever.

If one loses patience and exit, you have to start all over again, and again, etc.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009