Blocked Attachments Outlook Express

555 11:54 13 Jan 03
  555 11:54 13 Jan 03

I am using XP and XP Office. Outlook express has blocked an attachment containing an .EXE file (I know the exe file is safe).

I am using a pop3 server and the help list suggests that the level 1 security, which blocks the attachment, is impossible to change

Any view anyone please

cherria 12:04 13 Jan 03

If its a new installation then this blockage is the default security setting in OE. It is easy to change in the security settings and when you change it your attachment will become available (no need to resend)

Gongoozler 12:05 13 Jan 03

If you are using OE6, this has a security feature that blocks all file types that may contain a virus. You can turn this feature off.

Start Outlook Express, and then on the Tools menu, click Options.

Click the Security tab, and then unselect the "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus" check box under "Virus Protection".

555 12:17 13 Jan 03

Stupid me - I am using Xp outlokk 2002 not OE, there is no facility to change the security settings

Sorry to confuse

VoG™ 12:59 13 Jan 03
  AndySD 13:02 13 Jan 03

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…