Block Sender problem, advice please

3tg 20:37 09 Mar 03

Today I received the third email from a company or person about cheap telephone calls. I thought enough!, I would "block the sender", which I did. Then I checked the blocked sender's list and it wasn't there. Will the sender know it is blocked when they try to send another email?. I have read on this forum not to "Unsubcribe" to unknown emails as this confirms that yours is a genuine address, will this have happened with blocked mail ? Please put my mind at rest as I do not want nasty emails. Thank you

AndyJ 20:46 09 Mar 03

"Block Sender" won't notify the originator of the mail of anything. All it does is the next time they send anthing to you it will be diverted straight into your Deleted Items folder rather than your Inbox.

However, it should appear in your Blocked Senders List. If you still have the mail, highlight it and select Block Sender again and see if it appears.

There are third party progs which prevent items being downloaded from your server. The name of these escape me for the moment, but I'm sure that another forum user will remember them.

You're absolutely right. Never..but never...click Unsubscribe

MAJ 20:49 09 Mar 03

Mailwasher is what AndyJ might be talking about. click here

3tg 20:58 09 Mar 03

ANDY,... When I chose to block it, I was asked if I wanted to delete the email and I chose Yes, then I checked the list and it isn't there, I've checked again and it's not there. However you have put my mind at rest, many thanks.
MAJ....I have Norton AV and Zone Alarm can I intsall Mailwasher with these ? cheers

MAJ 21:17 09 Mar 03

Not sure about Norton, 3tg, I'm not a fan of Norton, but no problems with Zone Alarm. I can't see Norton conflicting with it either though.

3tg 15:02 10 Mar 03

Thanks Maj, I think I will try Mailwasher, Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos