TO BLOCK OR NOT TO BLOCK

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 02:11 06 Mar 04

Hi, despite the thread title i have blocked
LSA SHELL EXPORT VERSION,NT KERNAL AND SYSTEM
from making a connection as my firewall said they wonted to connect somewhere on the net,did i do right? i searched for theses on my pc and cant find them anywhere so i blocked them.

Regards.

hugh-265156 02:29 06 Mar 04

yup you did right.

if you dont recognise the program or software etc wanting outbound access its always advisable to block it until you find out what it is.

trying this into google gives lots of hits,it may be spyware etc.

have you run an up to date antivirus and a spyware removal tool such as spybot ,adaware etc?

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 13:37 06 Mar 04

Yep i have scaned for everything i can think of and found nada, i did find somthing on google about the LSA thing,somthing about it bieng a network job but it was way to technical it also said it was turned off by default in xp but i cant even find it on the pc.As for the other still not found that.This is what microsoft say
click here
But it way over my head lol.

Regards.

hugh-265156 13:52 06 Mar 04

if you have run a spyware av scan etc and all is clear i wouldnt worry too much.

your firewall is working and has let you know that this(i think its a windows component)wanted access.you blocked it so no harm done.if all is working well with windows i would forget about it.

nick_j007 13:59 06 Mar 04

click here

Some interesting and not too difficult info. to be had here.

Look at unplug n' Pray link and info. I have it on my PC.

HTH,

Nick

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 16:59 06 Mar 04

Do i need all 3 and the patch? and what they for lol.

Regards.

hugh-265156 17:03 06 Mar 04

have a look in control panel/performance and maintenance/administrative tools/services

look for "universal plug and play" double click and set to disable if not already.

thats all the above does.

while your at it also disable "ssdp descovery service"

restart when done to set changes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…