block internet access via Internet Explorer

charlieyoyoboy 20:55 10 Jul 08

Daughters got a laptop running XP,internet access is via AOL,she wanted hotmail which I duly installed.My problem is that she has restricted internet access via AOL but if she logs in to her hotmail account directly she doesnt have to log in to AOL and can then access the internet without any restrictions other than those built in to XP.How can I keep her access to hotmail but only via her AOL account,she doesnt want AOL instant messenger because it doesnt do some rubbish or other that is totally essential to her sending pointless messages but that may be my only option.Any ideas folks.

mrwoowoo 00:59 11 Jul 08

In internet explorer click on tools>internet options>content.
Here you have parental controls and a link to what you can do with it.
Also here,there is content advisor which i believe if you enable it means she will need you to input a password for every website she wants to view.
Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…