bloatware removal

puma22 18:51 17 Mar 07

Dear all,
I have just ordered a new Dell laptop and looking at the confirmation of order, there is a lot of bloatware on the system such as free trials of anti virus, coral stuff and ms works.
What is the best way of getting rid of this; a clean istall (how do I do it?) or from add/remove panel?

Cheers!

VoG II 18:54 17 Mar 07
  puma22 08:37 18 Mar 07

Have you used it? I am a bit wary as it says not been tested on vista.

MAJ 08:44 18 Mar 07

I usually just delete them, Norton trials, etc., using Add/Remove Programs, it usually does the job okay. Remember though, that if you have a Restore CD, they will be reinstalled when you restore your system to 'factory settings' at a later date.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:02 18 Mar 07

Just remove through add/remove programmes. Then download Ccleaner click here run it and it will clear up any left overs.

G

puma22 09:32 18 Mar 07

I'll just go with the add/remove way.
Already use CCleaner (and all the anit-virus freeware as recommneded on here; thanks to everyone).
Will mark as resolved.

Coff 11:34 18 Mar 07

If you want to remove the McAfee Security Centre that comes on new Dells there is a removal tool click here

After removing McAfee on two Dells recently I found that it also removed the Windows Scripting Host. You'll soon know if this happens as you won't be able to run any scripts and any installers that rely on scripts will fail. To reinstall the WSH go to click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…