Bloated registry

hatrickj 10:53 31 Aug 05

I am aware that there are various registry cleaners avaiailable with stregths and weaknesses. My question is this.

Is there a method or program by which one can craate a brand new registry for a windows computer and then overwrite the old one, so that the rgistry only contains current items?

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:57 31 Aug 05

Reformatting is the only way. Use regseeker and it will clean out your system. It is superbly safe and does a good job........click here

G

Strawballs 12:08 31 Aug 05

click here I have used this program for years now and it has never caused me any problems but even if you do it creates a backup which can be restored. Go to tools > registry cleanup > do them all and it will scan your registry and list everything that is no longer used allowing you to deleate them.

woodchip 12:13 31 Aug 05

The registry is not like that, It contains like if you put MS WORD on your computer, and you look in the Registry it will show all versions of Word. It's the MS way of doing thing...... I know, I know It's Daft but try telling BG

hatrickj 17:48 31 Aug 05

Thanks GANDALF <|:-)> and all.

Regseeker certianlt appears to be a poweful tool. One point I do not quite understand id this.

I did one pass and deleted all the entriea. Inquisituce U did another pass and founf there were still enties outstandng. Having deleted theae I did a third pass and all was reported clear. Cab anyone think why that should be?

smokingbeagle 18:59 31 Aug 05

click here
Pagedfrg to defrag the registry and

click here
NTREGOPT to compact the registry.

I've used them both along with Regsseker and Ccleaner for about 18 months without any problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now